Custom Search

Saturday 23 August 2008

BB9: Day 79 - Nicole's Eviction Interview


Nicole was the tenth housemate to be evicted from the Big Brother house and got a frosty reception as she left the house. With 94% of the vote, it became clear the public wanted Nicole out. Maybe the 19 year old was just misunderstood or lived under the shadow of her boyfriend Rex? Could it be that arriving 57 days into BB9 was just too late to be accepted by the"group"?

Here is Nicole's eviction interview with Davina McCall, as seen on Channel 4 and on the official website (link below):


D:That was quite a heavy reception you had out there. What was that like for you?

N: Obviously it wasn't very nice, but I was never expecting cheers. It was such a hard situation in there for me to be Rex's girlfriend and to be accepted in that House as a new housemate. I always sort of had a link to Rex, I was never really myself, like, known as myself. They knew who they wanted in the Final - and I was just not part of it at all.


D: So, when you got nominated, you did say 'I'm going to walk tomorrow', and you didn't. Why didn't you?


N: No, because I was just really upset. I just wanted to come home, and then I thought, 'No, I'm not walking, I don't want to be a quitter.' I only had a couple of days. I knew I was going, so I thought 'I'll just wait.'


D: It's hard being nominated. I think it's much harder than anybody gives you credit for.

N: Because no one ever really wanted to get to know me, they weren't that interested.


D: But it's not just you - everybody gets told they're up for eviction.


N: It's not nice, and Rex didn't like it either, 'cause all of his friends nominated me.I was never myself in there.


D: Who is the real you? What are you like?


N: I'm so fun, and bubbly. Just not in there.


D: Let's talk about your and Rex's relationship, because people were kind of gripped by it.


N: That's not the way it is, it's just hard for me, 'cause I've heard all the stories that have really upset me that I've had to deal with.


D: But you must have known when you went in there that it was going to be almost impossible to keep that to yourself.


N: Yeah, I knew that, but it was just so hard for me, because he always kept on about him trusting me, and it's just not an issue at all. I wish I could have said, 'Rex, you know what I've had to put up with - it's been so hard for me to stick to you and forget about it.'


D: How do you view your relationship?


N: We are so strong, but the last couple of months, we haven't actually been that strong.


D: Do you bicker that much at home?


N: Yeah.


D: Was he the same with as he usually is with you, or was he different in the House?


N: The same.


D: Does he always tell you what to wear?


N: Yeah. Like the heels - I am nowhere near as tall as him!


D: Okay, so let's just discuss the Michael Jackson. This week you were Michael Jackson in the Shopping Task, and the way that you and Rex treated Mikey was difficult. What do you think?


N: I don't think that at all. He was always commenting at me the whole time, like saying really nasty comments to me.


D: I can understand that he has said some mean things to you, but totally being naïve about his disability when he's trying to copy a dance... you've got to let him try.


N: I did! I helped him but he really did upset me and really did hurt me. And Rex and I found it hard to teach him because we had to learn the dance, and then we had to teach Mikey the dance as well.


D: Some people found that quite hard to watch, your behaviour towards Mikey, and I think that's why you potentially had such a high percentage of the vote.


N: I don't admit that at all. I actually got on with Mikey the best in the first week of Hell. I really did get on with him.


D: Well, unfortunately I have to tell you that I think that this last week is the reason you got such a high percentage. Your percentage was 94%, which is the highest percentage we've ever had, ever. It may even be a world record, I'm not sure! But on the upside, you were a great Michael Jackson. Thinking about that, would you have changed anything?


N: Yeah. I have absolutely no regrets - I don't - but if you thought I was like that towards Mikey then I apologise. I actually did like the guy and we had a laugh. But I would change a few things - not being so miserable all the time, being annoying I guess.


D: Nicole - you were a great housemate. Here are your best bits.



*BB official website: www.channel4.com/bigbrother

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogged.com